Friday, March 26, 2010

Recently Crossed off the List

Wow! Been a while, oops! I promise to keep you up-to-date on my 1,000 places quest. Here's what I've been up to the last few months:

Squaw Valley, USA
In the months since I last blogged, here's another one I crossed off the list: Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe, California. I skied down the slopes of Squaw Valley over Christmas Vacation. Not only a beautiful place to ski, but an even more beautiful place to take in the breathtaking clarity of Lake Tahoe. I'd love to visit this place in the summer and enjoy time out on the water.

Date of Completion:  December 2009



2010 Winter Olympics, Vancouver, Canada
Although 'Olympics' is not listed in the book, I think it's worthy of a mention. An amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I had to take full advantage of it. Living in Seattle, so close to Vancouver, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Check out my article in the Seattle Times, Here and and article in my hometown newspaper, Here. We attended one event, the Luge. Talk about an intense event. In less than a second, the lugers go zipping past you at 90+ miles/hour.

Date of Completion: February 2010



Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, USA
And, the latest I crossed off the list with a quick girls weekend to the Napa and Sonoma Valley regions in California. Favorite Wineries: Gloria Ferrer, Mumm Napa, Sterling, and Castello Di Amorosa. Although we couldn't get a reservation, or even afford French Laundry, we made a daily trek to Bouchon Bakery, also owned by Thomas Keller just to get a taste of his creations. Amazing bakery and great coffee. If checking out Napa, I highly recommend Hotel Avia. A newcomer in the boutique hotel niche, but a welcome newcomer. Think W Hotel, but smaller, and cheaper!

Date of Completion: January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment