Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Next Big Thing



I wish I had more vacation time. Don't we all?  Eight weeks would be suitable.

Since I don't have unlimited vacation time or resources, for the next big trip, I opted for a cruise.  Two months from today, we'll be embarking on the ms Eurodam in Dover, England to begin an 11-day Baltic Cruise. I figured this would be the best and most affordable way to cross off upwards of 15 of the 1,000 places.

What am I most looking forward to?  An over night stay in St. Petersburg, Russia.  The ship arrives at 8am and doesn't depart until 5pm the following day.  We've already picked out a few shore excursions to see the various highlights St. Petersburg has to offer, including Catherine's Palace, Peterhof and a Gala Evening at Yusupov Palace.

Other stops along the way include Copenhagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn.  Has anyone been to these cities - any advice?

Date to be completed: June 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment