Monday, June 1, 2009

1,000 Places to See Before I Die

I started this quest about three years ago: to see and experience all 1,000 places listed in Patricia Schultz's 1,000 Places To See Before You Die book. I grew up in a small town in Southern Oregon with parents who encouraged me to explore, but family that had lived in the same small town for up to five generations. Upon graduating from high school, I remember having this desire to experience the world. Not just see places, but really experience a culture, see the local flavor of a destination, and share it with others. I've been slowly going through this book, trying to see as many places as possible, while still trying to hold down a job and pay a mortgage. The only thing I have to show for all this traveling is a book with check marks and yellow highlights throughout. I got to thinking, that there are probably many more out there like me, trusting this book with every flight booked and itinerary planned. While the book has some great recommendations, there isn't enough room to include it all. In this blog, I'll list out all 1,000 places and provide my opinion on the ones that I've visited, and add in recommendations of my own. Your job as the reader? Provide your opinion too! Agree or disagree with me, and provide your own recommendations on a place that I haven't yet been to. I do have quite a few left!

No comments:

Post a Comment